Saturday, October 24, 2009

Teachin' Dasher, and tryin' still to understand humans

Hey everyone,

Not much too excitin' has happened since I last wrote. We went up north for a brief, and I mean brief visit. It was a strange trip. My mom's grandpa was real sick so we visited him in a place called a hospital. I did a good job leadin' mom around that place. I found the pop machine for her, found the restroom, found the elevator, and found the room her grandpa was in. She was real proud of me. Especially cuz I was bein' nothin' but bad out of harness at the house. Hey I can't help it. There's so much wild life up where they live I can't help it. I couldn't settle down for nothin'.

We were only there for a day though. Spent more time in the truck than anythin' else. Since bein' back, mom's gone to that place with the machines a few more times. Once she dropped her little music thing, she bent down to pick it up and the machine almost killed her! I mean she almost fell off the thing. Hello ma! And she tells me to just lay back down and stay. Excuse me! That machine's gunna hurt my mom I just know it. She ain't the most careful human. She's always hurtin' herself she don't need help from a big machine.

So the other day, I was happily sleepin' on my April's bed, mom comes in and literally sits right on my head. Excuse me! I'm here! She must not have known I was there. But still! She's all like O sorry Reba. Tryin' to pet me and stuff. Shoot ma leave me alone I'm tryin' to sleep here. I can't wait to sit on her head when she's layin' somewhere where I can do so. See how it feels.

Dasher figured out a way to get in the garden to role in that black muck. The dumb part is, he did it in front of the humans. Hello fool! Shoot! Dasher mom caught him, and then Dasher dad came out to close off the way in. Man! I gotta do some serious trainin' with that old dog. He didn't even role in the muck. He didn't have a chance too. I'm like thanks Dasher. Now I can't try it either cuz you did it when the humans were watchin'. shoot!

We went to the mall yesterday and there were tons of people there. I did a pretty good job weevin' in and out of the croud. I followed Dasher mom pretty well. Got off a few times, but I think mom was pleased.

I'm still gettin' apples and carots from Dasher mom and dad. Shoot I love it here! Mom gives me cookies, Dasher mom and dad give me apples and carots, I get to go outside whenever I want, enjoy the fresh air.O

 That reminds me. Mom's been takin' Dasher and me for walks too like she do when my April and Winston are home. Usually when that happens, my April walks Winston and Dasher together. Winston isn't usually workin' cuz my April can see better than my mom. Mom's been workin' me more on just walks around the neighborhood. So now, when mom walks us, I work, and Dasher just walks. So I been teachin' him a thing or two about keepin' mom safe. The first walk, Dasher started on the right side, but ended up everywhere. He wanted to be on the left so he could sniff and mark every blade of grass. So annoyin'! And he was gettin' his leash wrapped around mail boxes and signs. Ok, First off, I'm on the left dude. That ain't gunna change. I'm doin' my job here. I don't care if he is alpha. Not with my harness on. We on a mission Dasher we ain't playin'! Do that in the backyard. So then he'd leave that and come out to the road walkin' in front of me. Hello! I'm workin' here you can't just walk in front of me! So we had a serious talk. I don't care if he older than me. This is how it needs to be. I'm tryin' to keep mom safe here and tryin' to keep myself from getting' popped. Don't you dare ma! It's Dasher falt! He all over the place over here. So the next time, mom again put Dasher on her right side, and this time gave him a shorter leash so he couldn't get up to his usual tricks. Much better. He sulked for a while, but finally I think he got over it. I showed him some of the stuff we service dogs do to help the humans out. He'd ask what each command ment so I'd explain. It was a nice walk. I hope mom does more of those. Least that's better than the machine thing. Cuz I get to walk too. How am I supposed to lead mom when she's on a dumb machine.

Well, that's about it. It's been rainin' for a few days so I'm all smelly and I have to get a towel rubbed all over me whenever I come in from outside. Dasher too. I'll write again when I can. Right now I hear a weird noise. Gotta go check it out!

What? Ok y'all, if this ain't the weirdest thing. I'm watchin' my Dasher dad, he on a bike, peddlin' like crazy, but he ain't goin' nowhere. I mean it! Why do humans do this kind of stuff. Take the bike and go somewhere. I don't know why I even bother tryin' to figure them out. Bein' a dog is so simple. Eat, sleep, and play for most, and throw in some work for others of us. Ok, y'all be good. Matilda, I heard from my mom you are again bein' seen by a trainer. Girl? Shoot! I thought I told Winston to straighten you up. He too nice I guess. Whatever. You better keep my Rachel safe. That's our job you know. Anyway I don't know why I try with pep talks with you. All you say is play! Peace out y'all. It's nap time next to mom's bed now.

Reba the dog.

 

No comments: