Hey everyone,
Well yes, I know my posts are gettin' fewer and fewer on this thing. I been really slackin'. Things are very routine around here lately. We've settled right in, and all the sudden mom's payin' more attention to me. I mean, groomin' me more, goin' for more walks, it's cool and all, but at first I was really miffed cuz she was cuttin' in to my routine of nap times. Shoot! Winston finally calmed himself down. He said he was just happy to have a friend and play mate again. Poor guy. Guess he really was feelin' lonely.
Oh and finally finally finally! Winston's got some of the same issues I do with food. Now at last he won't get treats while I'm denied them cuz of dumb food allergies.
Speakin' of allergies I got an ear infection again. Man these are annoyin'! I don't even know where this one came from cuz I been bein' good!
Well now to the reason I'm postin' this. I'm a little upset cuz I keep hearin' mom talkin' about the dreaded R word lately. For those of you who don't know, the word is retirement. Somethin' about how mom's really noticin' I'm slowin' down when we work. So today, I played extra long and extra hard. There. Hope that got rid of the R word from the humans vocabulary. Guess retirin' wouldn't be half so bad, I'd love to just spend the rest of my days sleepin' and beggin' and eatin'.
And speakin' of that too, my Dasher mom has been tellin' me to go on so much lately! Excuse me! Rue! I always sit by the kitchen door and beg and she usually always tosses me a carrot or apple or two. Hello! No I actually got put in mom's room a few times cuz I was beggin' too much I guess. Excuse me! Mom's got me workin' almost every day and I'm wastin' away even more!
Here's another thing goin' on. If any of you have me on facebook, you saw some of this, but today, mom goes in and starts cleanin' out my crate. Well she piles up several of my old toys on the floor, and lets Winston at them. Shoot he destroyed one, almost 2 in probably 10 minutes! Those are my toys I mean it! I don't care if I never play with them, and they old, shoot they mine! I left the room! I could not stand to see him destroy one more. He came home and totally claimed my toy box full of rubber toys and nylabones. No I don't play with most of them anymore either but still! That beside the point! Don't he got his own toys?
Hears somethin' else mom's started doin'. For a while now her and I go for walks in the mornin'. Just me and her. Well Dasher has a fit. Boy do I hear it when I come back too. Mostly I tune him out because I just want water. I'm like Dasher you really wanna go out with us, we get all hot and stuff! It's crazy! Well, mom has started takin' Dasher along with us. It took her a while to figure out how to walk him, and work me. But finally, she rigged something up. It's weird too. She has this short leash, and she hooks it to the side of my harness. Dasher's at the other end of it and so he's basically walkin' on my left side. Boy it drives him nuts too cuz he likes to stop all along the walk. No we don't do that. We out here to work and actually walk. So many times he stops and gets himself choked. I'm always tellin' him come on! Then I laugh at him and say, Hey, you wanted to come so bad, well here's what we do keep up! He'll get it eventually. It's kind of cool havin' him right there beside me. We can talk the whole time. He asks a lot of questions still about my guide work.
Well all, think that's about it for now. My nice clean bed is ready for me. I'll try and update this thing more. Y'all behave out there!
Reba the dog.
No comments:
Post a Comment