Saturday, November 6, 2010

Trip to the mountain, part 2

Well bet you didn't think you'd get to hear two posts from me in the same
week did you. Shoot I go months with not a word then I give y'all two posts
in one week. But it's been a busy week.
I have to tell you about the one day out with the humans. Humans are so
weird! First, they went shoppin' which is normal. They even went in to a
store that sold dog stuff. Mom tried coats on me. But she didn't buy one. I
think she may though soon. Probably gunna be my Christmas present. Hello ma!
I want food and that's it!
Well after walkin' around different shops, they stopped at this fountain.
Y'all, I ain't kiddin' steam was comin' off this fountain. The water was hot
like in a bath tub. But we were outside. I don't get it! So then we went
inside and the rest of the time mom spent getting a bath and massage.
Couldn't she just take a bath at home? She did take a bath at home, now she
was taking another one. Whatever, I don't question the ways of humans no
matter how strange and that was strange. I was good though, I laid down and
waited for mom, and even licked her hand while she got the massage. No I
wasn't bein' nice. I liked the taste of the oil on her fingers! So that was
finally over and we went to the school where I got another apple and an
orange. Score for Reba! Bout time! I'm supposed to get 9 of everything on
this birthday. Remember? Well now on to the strangest thing this lab has
ever seen. And believe me, I've probably seen everything! If not, now I know
I have.
I been tryin' to figure this out all week and I just can't. So we drive up
and down the mountain to get places. Well near where we stayin', there's a
gate. And that's it. Just a gate. There's no fence, just two posts on either
side of the road with a gate. And every time we leave or come we have to
stop so the humans can open this gate, go through, then close the gate
again. Why don't they just go around it! Or better yet, why don't they just
keep it open? Or even better still, why is it even there? I'm tellin' ya I
do not understand the human race. Our last day here we went to the school
again, but this time mom took my harness off outside on their play ground
and I got to run with the kids. Actually I was lookin' for things to eat off
the ground more than I was playin' with the kids. But to be able to run
loose outside like that was nice. And it was a nice break since mom's had me
workin' a lot this week.
We sittin' in the airport now waitin' to go home. I think somethin' happened
bad though cuz mom was very upset, and instead of goin' through security
then gettin' on the plane, we went through security and we been sittin' for
a long time. I'll try and write more in this thing. My facebook page is
temporarily goin' through some changes, but I'll be postin' there again soon
as well. Until then, I want to thank all y'all for the birthday wishes. I'll
be expectin' my 9 treats in the mail shortly. O and whoever said I was 27,
wow what a complement. Thanks for that one. Actually I'm 63 now. Y'all be
good.
Reba the dog.

No comments: