Friday, January 29, 2010

Mom's upset with me

Well all, I've got a few things to report here. First I've had a bad couple of days. Mom won't let me run loose in the back yard anymore. She takes me out on leash, I do my thing and back inside I go. And Dasher gets to go out all he wants and mom makes me stay inside. Ok ok I been eatin' stuff I shouldn't, but come on now I'm a dog! Doesn't mean I should be restricted from the great outdoors. It's borin' inside! I don't play, I never did like to play. So I just annoy the humans or sleep on my bed. I don't know why mom's gotta be so upset with me.
This next insident really was an accident. Mom used to sing up in front of the church with a bunch of other people, well she'd leave me in a room while she did this. Well back then I didn't care I didn't really like her all that much. But now, I sort of do and don't any of y'all be thinkin' I'm goin' soft or nothin' I mean it! So she started doin' this again and left me in the same room and told me to stay. Well I stayed but I wasn't happy about her leavin' me and walkin' off without me. She needs me a lot more I know that and she's just gunna leave me? I don't think so. Well she came back and I just flew to her like I hadn't seen her in a month. And boy I was a good girl leadin' her out and she told me to find Dasher dad and I did, and we went to our seat and there was Dasher mom, and mom was laughin' and proud of me, all that excitement, yeh it was too much. I sat down, and that's when it happened. I went in harness right there in church. O man! Shoot! Mom was not happy with me. So I've had a hard couple of days. I think I been makin' up for it though. Mom's been goin' out to different places and of course my work has been good. She goes to a class to learn more on that computer of hers and I take her from the truck to the classroom all by myself. She's real proud of me for that.
Ok weird story and I'll end this one. So about a week ago mom and my Dasher mom went to that place where it's dark and they watch a big TV and the whole place smells like pop corn? Torture for dogs. Well they're in line to get food and drinks. Dasher mom suddenly drops her bag of pop corn. Well the stuff went everywhere! I mean everywhere! I jumped back at first, but then, for the next 5 minutes, I had to stand there in the sea of pop corn and ignore it. Hardest thing a lab has to do is ignore food. I could hardly bare it. I kept lookin' around sayin' uh, I can clean this up in about 20 seconds. Really there's no need to sweep it up it'll just go to waste. But, I watched sadly as a lady swept it all up and caried it away. Humans! So wasteful! Mom and my Dasher mom thought it was the funniest thing ever too. They laughed and laughed. I don't get humans. Only other thing goin' on is the humans been takin' pictures of me. They make me sit or stand or lay in a certain place, then they call me but also tell me to stay. Or offer me a treat but don't give it to me till they flash those bright lights from the picture in my face. Good thing I have a nose to find the treat cuz that flash blinds me for a second. Again, Humans are so weird. Y'all behave now. I'm goin' to bed. Maybe mom will let me free outside tomorrow.
Reba the dog.
 

No comments: