Saturday, April 23, 2011

I'm gettin' too old to understand these humans.

Bein' at school's dangerous y'all. I can't even tell you how many times in these few weeks I've been stepped on, nudged, and bumped. Then mom fusses at me if I pop up afterwards. Here ma, how bout you lay on the floor and we'll see what your response is when someone stepps on your head. I'm tellin' you, life as a service dog can get downright dangerous at times. I took mom in the gym the other day to pick up the kids from recess, That dumb door shut on my tail! I jumped a mile. Mom was nice though. She felt real bad. Yeh ma, I could be tailess right now. Y'all I can't walk right without my tail. When I wag it we go crooked and mom has to stop to get me back on track.

Mom has let me loose in the class room a few times for recess. Shoot I don't normally play with kids, I don't normally play with nothin' what's she thinkin'? Now I got a bunch of kids after me askin' me to shake and sit and come and all the rest of it. Leave me alone I'm lookin' for crumbs on the floor! Allright allright fine you can chase me around the room as long as you don't get between my nose and the floor you can do what you want with me.

Mom and I went to stay with the teacher mom is helpin'. We stayed with her a whole week. I don't know why, I tried to figure it out all week. I thought we was goin' away, but we just went to her house. Mom must have needed a break, who knows, though Dasher mom and dad did go away too, maybe mom needed a ride and that was the only way to get it. Anyways, This lady the best y'all! She found out from ma that I like fruits and vegetables. Shoot y'all, I got apples, carots, oranges, bananas, even celery. I was lovin' it. I'm like hey mom I'll stay here you can go home. Only thing was though, we were super busy! Y'all I was in harness most days from early mornin' till late at night! Dawn till dusk! One night we went to this place where this dude was doin' some sort of magic tricks. Man he poured red stuff in some kids ear and it came out his elbow in to a cup. I ain't lyin' I saw it with my own eyes! How he do that for real! We got through the week though and when I got home I was never so happy to be out of harness and in my own bed I mean it!

This week though, man I'm still tryin' to put it all together. There's this house the humans have been drivin' by, they even have stopped at it, showed it to friends, they went in it once. Well that ain't nothin' new, I've been with them when they go in empty houses and stuff before. Weird! Just like when they go to a parkin' lot, get in another car, drive it off, then bring it back. Glad I finally figured out that means they want a new vehicle.

Well anyways, , somethin' different about this time, though it's taken me a few days to get it. So one night we went back to the house, after shoppin' and gettin' dinner. They got out, opened the house, went in and ate dinner while explorin' around this empty house. I was so baffled. Well at first I was explorin' my paws and nose off. But then I thought, Ok the humans just opened some random house, came in, ate dinner, looked around and left. Seriously? I was so confused. When we went back the next day, they started cleanin' the place. As they cleaned, Dasher dad suddenly arrived with a truck and a traylor full of my mom's old stuff. Finally, the pieces fit. I think we movin' y'all! I don't know if it just be me and my ma, or my April too, but so far, it's only my ma's stuff in the house. Shoot I'm all excited too it's a cool house y'all. There even a pool in the back. Though shoot I ain't goin' nowhere near that thing. Mom keeps saying Reba, stay out of the pool. Dude I'm just walkin' around it. I ain't goin' in there! I walked out there today and saw a dead chippy in there. Sick dude! Then I saw a toad swimmin' around in it too. Come here hopper. Man they gotta do something about that pool it just don't look right. It's all full of black water and stuff, grose! Queen Izabella over there been comin' to the house too. I just hope she don't try and get in that pool. She just a curious puppy I wouldn't put it past her I mean it.

Yota's family came over today to visit real fast. Shoot I love that dog! I still wanna trade! Come here Yota you cool! And princess Diana is so mean to him, she won't even play with him. Dude she scared of her own shadow sometimes. She better get out of that stage.

Last night we went to that ladies conference. I've written about it in my blogs before. Remember the radio being almost dropped on Reba's head? Yes there is a dog down here my goodness.

Well this year, they had vehicles inside. Small ones, but still that creeps me out. Anythin' on wheels belongs outside that's just how it's sposed to be. So today, I'm layin' there, mindin' my own when I suddenly hear an engeon, and I smell gas. Ok, where is it. Well I heard the bike come in, but down a different isle. Few I thought, I'm safe. Finally someone had sense enough to consider the old lab down here on the floor. Well all the sudden, here comes the bike up my isle. I barely had enough time to move out of the way. I could have lost a paw or my nose! Mom says I'm over reactin' and that it wasn't that close to me, but still shoot! Hey, least I didn't bark, I did the service dog name proud, I jumped, but that was it. Man humans! Just when I think I've seen everything.

We had this storm last night, brightest lightning and loudest thunder I've heard in a long time. I was hidin' in my crate and mom wants me to go outside to relieve. In that? You gotta be mad! What tree did you fall out of ma I ain't goin' near that door.

I just got a bath so I smell all pretty. I'm headin' for my crate again, I wonder when I'll be writin' from our new home. I'll be sure and let all my readers know. Y'all better be behavin'.

Reba the dog.

 

No comments: