ONE OF THE THINGS I FIND SO AMUSING ABOUT HUMANS IS THEIR ASUMPTIONS ABOUT US DOGS. TAKE MY MOM FOR EXAMPLE. LAST NIGHT SHE WAS SICK. I CAN TELL THESE THINGS CUZ DOGS HAVE A SIXTH SENSE YOU KNOW. SO SHE’S LYING ON HER BED AND HERE I AM NEXT TO IT. NOW, IF YOU HAD A CHOICE TO SLEEP ON THE HARD FLOOR OR BE ON A SOFT BED, WHICH WOULD YOU CHOOSE? EXACTLY! SO I GAVE HER MY MOST CONCERNED LOOK, AND PUT MY CARING LABBY HEAD ON THE BED. “MOM, WHAT’S WRONG? YOU’LL FEEL BETTER IF YOU PET ME. LOOK, AREN’T I CUTE”? INSTANTLY SHE CALLED ME UP. NORMALLY I’M NOT ALOUD UP ON MOM’S BED, BUT SOMETIMES, I CAN GET HER TO LET ME UP. SCORE! I JUMP UP HAPPILY AND CURL UP FOR A NICE NAP. WANNA KNOW THE FUNNY PART? MOM THINKS I’M UP HERE BECAUSE I’M ALL CONCERNED ABOUT HER AND STUFF AND WANNA BE HERE FOR HER IN HER TIME OF NEED. HA! I JUST WANT UP ON THE BED. HUMANS ARE SO EASY TO FOOL. NOW I’M GUNNA SPREAD OUT AND KICK MOM AND MAYBE SHE’LL GO SLEEP IN MY CRATE AND LEAVE ME IN THIS BIG HUGE BED. SIGNING OUT FOR NOW Y’ALL
REBA.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
Hey Reba! This is Sunny. I think it's great that you have your very own blog! Maybe I should talk Mom into letting me have one too. That might take some work though.
Girl, I think you gotta chill about people. I love people! I think they're great! And they love me too. They always tell me and my mom how beautiful and cute I am. I can't help myself, I just have to respond. Mom gets after me sometimes for that cuz I always want to say hi when someone says hi to me. I mean, that's just courtesy, right? She says hi back when someone says hi to her. So why can't I? She doesn't like that too much when I do that for some reason when we're working. I don't really understand why, I'm just trying to be polite. But I don't care. I'll still try anyway.
I know what you mean though about not getting enough to eat. Mom sometimes says i'm a lab in a golden's body when it comes to food. She doesn't understand my fixation with food, any food! I could eat 24/7 if Mom would let me, but she says I'd be a pig then instead of a dog. I even like to eat kleenex and napkins if I can get away with it, especially dirty ones. Mom REALLY doesn't like that!
Score 1 for you getting let up on your mom's bed! I tried that only once, right after my mom and I first met at school. I jumped up on the bed and she said "No!" in a really firm voice and told me to get down. It scared me a little, and I didn't want to displease her; we had just met after all. So I got down and figured she didn't like that too much, so I haven't tried that since. Sometimes I put my front paws in her lap when we're playing or when she's sitting on the floor with me, and she seems to like that. But she got me a nice soft mat to lay on next to her bed, and there's nice thick carpet under that, so that works for me.
Well, better go. Tell your mom I hope she's better today, and I really mean that. I send her kisses.
Sundance
Reba! Nice job on getting let on the bed. If you treat your Mom like you do me (not playing with me hardly when I see you), then..I would say that you weren't concerned, just wanted to get on the bed. hahaha. Maybe you'll come to like people..I do! Whenever someone comes in the room at school, I'm always ready to play! I'm glad your Mom's better now, and again, nice job on getting up on the bed. Mom will let me up there sometimes if she wants a napping partner or if she is sick also.
I'll be bugging you soon!
Mattie
Hi Reba, I'm trying to get on your blog, but I'm stressed! I, I can't do it! I don't think I like this! It's too hard! I want you to talk to me in person! This, is too confusing! Oish!
Post a Comment