Thursday, January 1, 2009

Happy Newyear

Ok so that title, mom put that in for free. I don't even know what Happy Newyear means. Seemes like yet another excuse for the humans to eat and stay up late yellin' while I'm tryin' to sleep. The cool thing though, Dasher mom gave us apples. Man she cool! Apples, carrots, cheese, this place is sweet! Ok so now on to what I really wanted to post about. So as you all know, for the past several weeks, I've been tryin' my absolute hardest to get on beds. I'm old, I'm bony cuz mom starves me, keep workin' on her Dasher mom. She'll cave keep goin'. Anyways, I believe I've figured out a way to get myself on the bed. It's taking some time, but it's gunna be worth it let me tell ya.
So my April, she's the smart human. She closes her door now when she's not around so I can't get on her bed. So my first task is to get her to leave that door open again. A few times I have been shut in there on accident, and instead of getting on the bed like I used too, I stay off. I lay by the door or somethin'. Well then my mom and my April come in and check the bed for a warm spot. Then I get praised up big time for not gettin' on the bed. See where I'm goin' now? You gotta build up the trust of the humans, eventually they will crack and say, you know, I think Reba's got it, we can leave the doors open, she won't get on the beds anymore. Score! I'll be on that bed snuggled in the pillows before you can even blink! Life is about patience I've learned, good things come to those who wait.
So not much else to report all, I actually got to do some work the other day in the mall. That was fun and I was a good leaderdog. We went to a place for the humans to eat too and I layed on the floor like a good girl, only reaching once to sniff hopefully at somethin' on the floor. Crack! Ah! Mom what in the world! Anyway! We went in the pet store and that stupid mom of mine made me work through the store. Shoot I was mad. She doesn't do that much! And she put on my gentle leader again too half way through all cuz I just wanted to say hi to the cats. Excuse me! Whatever. Well I better go before I really get riled up. I'm goin' to play in the snow again with the boys. Y'all be good.
 
Reba the dog.
 
 
 

No comments: