Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Yep, we're leavin, and what in the world was that!

I'm back again folks. And as you can see by the title, yes, we're definitely goin' somewhere. Mom is really packin' everything. There ain't nothin' on our walls anymore, and the number of filled boxes keeps increasin'. She was tapin' them up yesterday. I don't remember her doin' that the last time we moved. She just carried them out and across the parking lot. This looks different. I don't know where we goin'. I'm glued to mom now. I mean, she took the birds and fish somewhere and didn't bring them back. What if I be next. I saw her pack up my stuff though along with hers. She asures me everything's gunna be ok and that I'm goin' with her. Better believe it ma! Shoot I'm on her like glue! I got to get out and do some work yesterday and I was so excited to be in harness! I don't think my tail stopped waggin' the whole time. I wish I knew where we were goin' though. Mom keeps sayin' stuff about Winston and Dasher. Maybe they comin' with my April and my Dasher mom and dad to help load up stuff? Good. Least I'll see Winston once more before we go off who knows where. Long as I'm with mom everything's ok.
Ok so y'all, I saw the freekiest thing today. My mom and I went back to our old work place, mom was askin' for boxes. Shoot woman you got enough to box up the world don't ya think? Anyways, we went in to her old bosses office. I been in there lots of times and he got heads all over his walls. Deer heads. First time I saw them I thought huh? Where the other half be and why he stuck way up there on the cielin'! I thought either he got some wicked long legs or someone's playin' a dirty joke. But I looked around the wall and didn't see the rest of him, and he wasn't movin'. Must be fake. But they sure smell real. Anyway, today y'all, I walk in and this thing is starin' at me. This head, bigger than me! I thought what on earth! So I go up to it, shoot ma I know I'm in harness but you gunna have to get over it I gotta figure out what this thing is! I stood up on my hind legs to get a better look and sniff. Mom pulled me back and made me sit. No ma! I don't wanna sit! That thing's got antlers almost as tall as you! I gotta make sure it ain't alive! I kept sniffin' and cryin' cuz mom wouldn't let me too close to it. I heard them say it was an elk head. Just the head? Shoot where the rest of him be? Humans are weird I mean it! Killin' animals and mountin' their heads on the wall. Well, they only seem to do it for deer and stufflike that, but still! So that was my excitement for the day. I take each day at a time round here. All I know is, mom's still got my crate up, and she puts me in it every night and gives me a cookie still. Gotta have some sense of security through this. Y'all behave yourselves, I'll write more when and if things settle down again.
Reba the dog.
 

No comments: