Well, unfortunately, that title is anticlimactic cuz in the end, all is well again. But I'll tell the story anyway.
As I said on Sunday, I knew somethin' was up when my Karen gave me two apples. so yesterday mornin', see I was gunna write about this last night, but I was so worn out from the ordeal that I went to bed. Plus mom was pretty much dead to the world so I wasn't gunna ask her if I could borrow the computer. So Tuesday mornin' mom gets up while it's still dark outside. I blinked sleepily out at her from my crate while she got ready. What on earth ma! Shoot the only time she gets up that early is when we flyin' somewhere. I didn't see any suitcases though. So mom lets me out and feeds me. Cool! Hey any time I get food early is fine by me. Then we go outside and who's there? My Karen! Cool we goin' on a trip with my Karen. So after mom lets me go, we get in the car and off we go. Well all the sudden I realize somethin'. There's another girl in the car, and it be the same girl we took that day when my Karen took us out in the country somewhere and got completely lost just to end up back on campus again. Shoot! So I'm thinkin' we're goin' there again. Well no, we get out at this place I've never been too. We go inside, and immediately I'm lookin' for a way out. I smell kids. Lots and lots of them. Hundreds of them. Shoot ma! We gotta get outa here. They'll mob me! Well mom was calm as can be, so I figured, well I better just hunker down and deal with this. Kids! My Karen! I knew somethin' was up! So we go in to this room and sit in the back corner where I immediately started willing myself to become part of the wall or floor or whatever. That's when the looks started. My Karen! I can't believe this! Suddenly, the room started fillin' with kids. So far so good. Lots of stares, but they're stayin' away. Few. Ok, they all sittin' down, not too bad. Wow! These were well behaved kids. So a little while later, we get up and follow my Karen to another room where mom starts talkin' to about 60 kids about me. We did this 4 times y'all. Four! And my Karen set up chairs and stuff during each talk but she put them in my ma's way! What on earth! I went around them and I heard her call me a butthead! Excuse me! I am doin' my job here! I guess she wanted me to run my mom in to those things I don't know. Shoot! I remember doing these talks before with my mom and I was nervous because afterwards she usually takes the harness off and lets the kids pet me. 60 kids? All comin' at me? I don't think so. But she didn't. In one classroom I saw a little rat lookin' thing. Think he said he was a guiney pig. I wanted him bad. But not nearly as bad as the little rat dog I spotted in another classroom. A dog in the school, not even in harness! I mean it was the size of pebbles. Barkin' at me like it had somethin' to prove. Bring it little rat! Shoot ma! I wanna get that rat I don't wanna be in a down stay! Ma! Don't go in there and leave me in the hallway! Unbelievable! That's what happened too. Mom and my Karen went in to the room for a while, and just left me outside the door. Shoot. But I have to say I'm glad I stayed. I should have wandered off to the cafeteria. I smelled somethin' good cookin' there. But I stayed, and when mom came out, she had a carot for me. Cool! Guess it was worth it.
Well, after doing our talk and show four times, you can imagine I was pretty miffed. My looks at my Karen were growin' steadily worse throughout the day. At lunch she almost was demoted to just Karen when she actually tried to move me out of the way. Excuse me! I am in harness here! And after lunch mom took my harness off and sure enough the kids started coming to pet me. I was ok till they started tryin' to hug me and gettin' all up in my face! Ok leave me alone! I kept tryin' to hide under my mom's chair. And just when I thought the day couldn't get any worse, and that I had the worst lot ever for a service dog, my Karen pulls out an apple. O man everything was forgotten then. I was all wigglin' tail then. And she made me do my tricks for it too. Shoot ain't I been through enough today? Just give me the dumb apple! I had already been out on the playground and couldn't even find any dropped cheezits or nothin'! You dogs know, a kids playground is a prime place for dropped goodies! Well after that, I finally got some much needed sleep. I spralled out on the floor for a nice long well deserved nap. Mom let the kids say goodbye to me one last time, I didn't pay much attention. I was so tired. I just wanted home and my crate, and a whole bag of dog food. Then I saw her. The girl My Karen took out in the middle of the country. Think her name is Jenny. Anyways, she came in and I knew it was finally time to go. I got up and wagged my tail. Finally! Take me outa here!
So, now you see why I am exhausted and it took me so long to talk about this. Shoot! It was good though. I was a good girl for mom and she was really proud of me. And all in all, it wasn't a bad experience. I even got a carot and an apple, and got to mess with the guiney pig. I found out later his name was Max and when I tried to sniff him, he threatened to bite my whole face right off. Shoot. I'd like to see him try that. You all behave yourselves, I'm signin' out for now.
Reba the dog.O
by the way ma, happy birthday. I know it was yesterday, but I slept most of yesterday afternoon and evening, and you didn't have the computer out anyways.
1 comment:
Wow, Reba, you're brave. I couldn't imagine having sixty kids coming after me to pet me! I would have a meltdown.
Hershey the toy poodle
Post a Comment