Thursday, November 19, 2009

Staying out of the way

Hey everyone,
I know I've been lax in the updatin' department lately. Really I don't really know what to write about. This last week has just been crazy. I'll try and update y'all though.
Dasher's feelin' lots better. I still call him patches though. He's gunna have those bald spots for a long time till his hair grows back. Mom's been doin' new things when we go to church. Usually, we go, and I sleep next to her. But now, she goes in to this room full of kids and puts me in a corner. You thinkI can sleep with all them yellin' and stuff? No! Shoot I no more than close my eyes and they scream somethin' and I'm all awake again. We also went back to the nursing home. Least I was somewhat familiar with that place. I did a good job gettin' mom where she needed to be. I didn't need too much remindin' where to go either. After that day though, I was just done. I didn't get my full nap in cuz of the kids, I had been in harness all day, and to top it off, mom kept me in harness in the pet store. I was not havin' it. I was tired of behavin' and I let mom know. She was really upset at me the rest of the day. I was with her too, but only for a little bit. Then I felt bad. I really should not have behaved so obnoctiously. I mean, mom didn't do anythin' to deserve that. Dasher mom has been away the last several days. It's got Dasher all in a tizzy. Again, not all his herd is together and you know how that goes. I get so sick of it I hide in my April's room. I cover myself with her pillows and most of the time, it works. The humans don't mess with me, and it's quiet. Dasher dad, mom and I went back up to the hospital and we did find my Dasher mom there. I informed Dasher she was ok, but Dasher just got all upset wonderin' why she was there. It was a quick visit this time. The last few times we've been at the hospital we've been there for a while. I was good there too, I layed out of the way just watchin' tryin' to figure out what was goin' on. All I could sense was sadness though so I tried to comfort as best I could. You all know me though. I don't put up with mushiness for long. Mom was huggin' me and I let her at first, but when she didn't let go, I began wigglin' to get away. Shoot ma you're embarrassing me!
Right now I'm layin' in the livingroom with Dasher and mom. Mom's watching some show on TV with a lot of dogs in it. And every hour it seems Dasher and I are goin' outside to get rid of the squirrels. He is, I'm just runnin' out just cuz. I'd say my only annoyance now is Dasher's gettin' more food than he normally do. Mom's been feeding him and I overheard Dasher dad tellin' her just how much to feed him. Mom says it was an accident she wasn't tryin' to feed him more. Whatever. She was just rubbin' it in. My Dasher mom did come home for a bit yesterday and she brought carots. I was so happy! I ain't seen a carot in a long time. She gave me one before she left.
Think that's all for now. Mom says I've just been extra distant the last few days. I'm just confused that's all. Lots of changes goin' on around here. And I thought we were done with those. Ok, y'all behave, I gotta go back outside and sniff while Dasher tries yet again to do the impossible. Get the squirrel out of our yard. Just ignore the dumb thing. Anyway!
Reba the dog.
 

No comments: